Job Description Evelyn’s Park Programs Coordinator – Part Time
Creates, directs and coordinates weekly and annual programs for Evelyn’s Park.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes a vibrant, unparalleled program experience for park guests.
- Develops programs for the park including weekly and quarterly community events including gala and music fest.
- Answers all programming inquiries in a timely manner.
- Manages online programs calendar.
- Trains and maintains appropriate list of available volunteers including teen ambassadors.
- Researches and recommends preferred vendors to Park Director.
- Is available to work irregular schedule as required ensuring proper coordination and programing scheduled in the park.
- Acts as face of park during events.
- Designs, recommends, and executes marketing plan for programs.
- Generates budget and actuals for programs.
- Constructs sponsorship packages, and generates sponsors needed for program budgets.
- Assists park director with receipts, expenses, funding, budget, records and similar aspects to keep programs profitable.
- Investigates complaints regarding programming and handles such problems in a professional and satisfactory manner.
- Assure the property is maintained in excellent condition by partnering with City of Bellaire parks management team, and outside vendors.
- Creates monthly program reports and updates for director to report at board meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Park Director.
- Knowledge of business management practices and procedures.
- Ability to compile and maintain records for personnel scheduling, and event scheduling.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) software programs.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make proper decisions in handling incidents at all types of programs.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to deal in a professional and cordial manner with the public attending events.
- Capacity to plan, service and supervise a variety of programs.
- Anticipate equipment and other needs for individual programs.
- Strong attention to detail and passion for customer service.